If you’ve done well playing poker at home games, it’s not a stretch to believe that you can’t turn a tidy profit playing poker online. There are a few differences, however, between playing with friends and inside the virtual poker room. Here are 10 tips that will help ensure you get plenty of winning sessions.
1) Stay patient. It is the golden rule of poker and doubly as important online. Many players can go an hour without winning a single hand and then double their stack after being dealt a monster hand. The wait for a giant hand may be boring but the payout is rewarding.
2) Remain focused. Playing from the comfort of your home is a pleasant experience. But surfing the internet, doing laundry and making a meal in between hands can be distracting and may contribute to poor decision making สล็อต .
3) Play within your budget. Knowing a loss won’t place a major crimp in your pocketbook will allow you to play relaxed, not to mention keep you from the poor house.
4) Minimize your bluffing. Many online players are either too distracted to pay attention to any particular players or haven’t been at a table for very long and won’t give a large bet any respect.
5) Avoid going on tilt. Again, patience plays a roll as somebody playing Texas hold ’em will undoubtedly have his pocket aces cracked by somebody pairing threes and sevens. Recognizing the fact that those types of players will pay out in the long run will serve you better than becoming one of those players will.
6) Don’t become a conspiracy theorist. Many online players are convinced that bad beats are a staple of certain websites. Those same players do not realize, however, that many more hands are played in the course of a session online than in a brick and mortar game. As a result, a wider array of hands is witnessed online. Don’t let a bad beat alter your play.
7) Play good hands aggressively. Because internet players generally play looser, they do not hesitate calling larger bets with mediocre hands. More times than not, playing the nuts aggressively will pay out.
8) Take losing sessions in stride. Realize that sometimes the cards just don’t come. If you’ve strung more than three losing sessions in a row, take a break and re-evaluate your play. If necessary, take a week off. A brief respite from cards leaves many players reinvigorated and ready to play some cards.
9) Don’t give yourself too much credit but don’t sell yourself short. Try to stay in the mind set that winning a tournament does not make you a spectacular player and finishing last does not make you a poor card player. This will ensure that you not grow too cocky or too down on yourself.
10) Keep a journal of other players. Thousands of players play poker online but you’re sure to recognize some names on a regular basis. Try to study the betting patterns of other players and jot down their tendencies in a notebook.
There is no simple formula to becoming a winning online poker player. But remaining focused and patient will go a long way in helping inflate your poker account.